Thursday, May 21, 2009

ROUND 3 (NO HOLDS BARRED)

There's only 2 to talk about so let's get straight to it.

Lakers Vs Nuggets- The Lakers were looking pretty bad against Houston. I mean as good as I thought the Rockets were, theres no way you can tell me anyone thought that one would go 7. The Nuggets on the other side made mincemeat out of Dallas (As they should have) and found themselves with a little time off waiting for LA. The Nuggets have the best starting five of any team left in the playoffs. Next to Kobe Carmelo is the best pure scorer in the league right now and Chauncey is the basketball equivalent to Bobby Fisher on the floor. As much as I like Denver, Kobe is pissed off because the guy that brought him to LA (Jerry West) said LeBron is better than he is. So the way Bryant sees it there's only one way to prove him and any other naysayer wrong, THE FINALS. Lakers in 6.

The Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Magic- I was so sure this series would be a sweep for LBJ and Co. that out of a choice of games 3, 4, or 5 to actually watch at Amway I without hesitation chose 4. Now instead I have to watch the Cavs go up 3-1. Cleveland had to knock some rust off after such a long break and needed to get a loss out of their system. With that done now Coach Brown can figure out how to get some defensive help for Z in the paint against Howard and some of the King's men can earn their paychecks (for a change) and start knocking down some shots. I think the Magic have one more win in them so I'll give this one to Cleveland in 6. (As a sidenote I am becoming a fan of Mickael Pietrus. This guy is a sparkplug off the bench)

1 comment: